Wednesday 4 January 2012

God Is In The Details

Posted to FaceBook Jan. 4
There is the saying, 'God, or love, is in the details'.  I have to admit that when I first heard that I was in a bit of resistance.  I was interpreting it as meaning that micro-managing is God-like, or is how one expresses ones love.  Micro-managing, in my experience, has come with the feeling of shoulds, or having to control stuff, or forcing things into being a certain way -- definitely not a 'God-like' or LOP experience for me.

As I have pondered the saying over time, I have had glimpses of what else it might mean.  I know I have soooo appreciated when I get to enjoy the specifics created by someone else whether it be: a great meal; a fun event with creative ideas; a good book; music by Mozart with all his many notes; or the determination of the Google boy's to create the fastest searches possible.  I have benefited immensely from all those who have been inspired by specifics, and have been willing to express them and share them with me, and the rest of the world. 

That appreciation I have felt is God-like, is love.  To go on a ride with someone into the specifics where you get glimpses of something in a new way, to experience something for the first time, to see something with a knowing and clarity -- what a gift!  I believe that when we are LOP, when we are remembering, believing in and expressing who we really are, we will have clarity regarding specifics that are unique to us, and that others will enjoy and benefit from them too. 

God is in the details -- I am LOP as I express the specifics of my inspired knowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment