Monday 13 February 2012

This Moment Is Enough

Posted to FaceBook Feb. 15th
A week ago my husband cooked up a lunch for us.  Because of our work schedules, we rarely do this, which made it special.  I was still in my PJs and housecoat after a very fulfilling morning in my office.  The sun was pouring into our dinning room where we sat discussing a book I was currently reading.  As we dined I filled with immense appreciation for that moment, and the words gently whispered in my head, "this is enough."

I know that the word 'enough' is often used in the context that something is 'meagerly sufficient to get by.'  However, I am using it to mean that 'nothing needs to be different for me to feel like my cup 'runneth' over.'

That experience of lunch being enough, did not mean that I didn't ever want to move on from the lunch, or get out of my PJs, or discuss a different topic.  It didn't mean that joy is always about having someone to cook for me, or having the sun shining.  It meant that in that moment I was allowing myself to fully appreciate this combination of experiences, I was fully recognizing its beauty.  I was not in the future, or the past, I was not feeling like I should be rushing, or doing something more.  I was completely at peace, and enjoying, the way that moment was -- that moment was soooo enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment