Thursday 22 December 2011

Human Being and Then Doing

Posted to FaceBook Dec. 22
You have probably heard the saying, "We are human beings, not human doings."  I believe this saying is implying that my human 'doingingness' is meant to support my human 'beingness' -- meaning my actions are to support who I really am (WIRA), and not the other way around.

When I do life the other way around I end up choosing actions I may think I am suppose to be doing, 'ass-u-me-d' from the beliefs and actions of others around me.  From those actions I then try and make WIRA be in alignment with them.  For example, if I grew up believing/being told I should be a lawyer, I may DO the things necessary for that (i.e. go to law school, join a firm, be immersed in legal actions), and then I would need to feel/be like a lawyer (believe in the law, stand up for the rights of your clients, enjoy the legal process).  Which is all well and good unless WIRA is perhaps very creative (which may clash with the rigidness of our legal system), or loves numbers (which may clash with all the people work), or loves working with children or animals. 

When I try and make WIRA conform to what I am doing I am going to feel stressed, because although what I 'do' in life is flexible, WIRA is not -- because it is WHO I REALLY AM.  Being someone I am not has been referred to as "trying to fit a round peg into a square whole," or "being a fish out of water."

So, the better I know and understand WIRA, the better I am equipped to pick those beliefs and actions that are going to be the most honest expression of Me.  And when what I am doing in life supports my human Beingness, we are ready to create great things together.

No comments:

Post a Comment