Sunday 29 January 2012

A Happy Life Is Now

Posted to Facebook Feb. 1
"There are so many people that are worried that they won't be happy later, that they won't let themselves be happy now."  Abraham-Hicks

It seems obvious, but how many times a day can I forget it?  If my goal for life, at its very basis, is to be happy, I create that by stringing together a bunch of happy moments.  I start by being happy right now, and then I add another happy moment on to that, and on it goes.  If I am struggling, working hard, suffering, tolerating things so that I can be happy I have become swept up in an illogical belief.  All that a life of struggle and suffering can create is, a life of struggle and suffering. 

It is so simple, and so contrary to how most of us have been conditioned, at first read it can seem ridiculous.  But, if we listen carefully we can hear the logic.  A life full of happy moments creates a happy life.  A life full of moments of struggle creates a life of struggle.

I catch myself believing in this illogical belief: when I push myself to do one more chore, even though my body and mind are saying relax; when I purchase the less expensive item, even though the more expensive one is really the one I want; when my joy is measured by the number of my accomplishments in a day rather than my enjoyment of them; when I rush home to relax; when I am living for the weekend, holidays or retirement; when I do exercise, or eat food, that is suppose to be good for me, but that I don't really enjoy; when I do my work the way I have been told instead of the way I am inspired; when I be the way I am suppose to be instead of who I really am.

Let yourself LOP, let yourself be happy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment