Saturday 25 February 2012

It's All About the Essence

LOP, and many other recipes for living, operate from the belief that everything we want in life is because of how we believe we will feel in having something, and therefore, it is really the emotional experience/ essence we are after.

The other day I was working on a project and was not feeling very clear or confident about how I was going to handle it, or how to move forward.  So, instead of clear and confident I was feeling confused and hesitant.  After a day of confusion and hesitancy building up, I felt yucky.

I knew that there was no way I was going to create clarity and confidence from a place of confusion and hesitancy.  Somehow, I was going to need to genuinely feel clear and confident.  Then the thought came, "Well you know, I am clear and confident that in this moment I don't yet know my answers, and that's O.K."  Hmmm, that was interesting.  That felt better. 

It was the clarity and confidence I was really after.  It apparently did not matter about what I was clear and confident.  Strangely enough, being clear and confident that I was not yet clear and confident, but that I would be, was the beginning of my answer.  I was not giving up, or believing I would not find my answers, but I was stopping the downward spiral and once again headed in the direction of where my answers would be.  Three days later I was moving forward with the project, clearer and more confident.

LOP is all about the essence I am experiencing, and not my reason for experiencing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment