Monday 20 February 2012

Paint Everyday

Posted to FaceBook Feb. 25th.
I recently saw Tony Bennett interviewed, and although we know him for his unmistakable crooning, he is an avid painter as well.  During this interview which outlined the longevity of his singing career, he shared how he paints everyday.  He loves to do it, it is an expression of who he really is.   

Antoine-Laurent Lavoisier, an accountant in the 1700s, who contributed to our understanding of mass, worked his "stupendously boring accountancy work" six days a week (David Bodanis, E=MC2), while only spending an hour or two in the morning, and one full day each week working on that which he is now known and remembered.

These two examples reminded me how much I love expressing WIRA.  They reminded me that there are a few activities/subjects/actions that I love to do, that I know are pure expressions of WIRA, and how important it is to me to be doing them everyday.  These activities are the song I came here to sing.  The truth I came to explore.   The knowing I cannot not give voice to.  The more I acknowledge, recognize, and honor the expression of WIRA the more inspirations I have about WIRA.  Being WIRA begets more specifics about WIRA.

LOP is 'painting everyday'.  What are those things you just love to do?  What are those songs/video games/scientific measurements that you are inspired to explore?  And are you ready to believe in them by spending time with them 'everyday'?

No comments:

Post a Comment