Thursday 17 November 2011

It Was There The Whole Time!

Posted on Facebook Nov. 17th
I was telling a friend how ideas for this blog often come when I am driving or working out, where I am unable to grab a pen and paper and capture them.  She said, "I have a little recorder, I could lend it to you."  Although it sounded like a great idea, I did not pursue it. 

A week or so later I am playing around on my phone, which I have had for about a year, and low and behold, there it is, a voice recorder.  I had one the whole time!  If my friend had not suggested the idea, I don't think I would have seen it, or recognized how I could be using it in my life.  What changed, the existence of the voice recorder, or my ability to see it?

Perhaps you have experienced the same when: you think about someone and then you run into them 'out of the blue'; you ask a question and then you see a TV show answering it; you would like to read a certain book or use a particular tool and then someone says, 'Here, do you want this? I am getting rid of it."  There are scientific studies, cognitive theories, and spiritual principles that address why this happens, but the important part of this is -- it happens. 

It happens because we are able to find only that which we are ready to see.  We are able to hear only when we are ready to listen.  We are able to learn only when we are curious.  We are able to be successful, as who we really are, only when we have the courage to believe.

So, any waiting I might be doing, is not about waiting on the appearance of that which I desire, because it is already there.  My waiting is solely on the readiness of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment