Thursday 29 December 2011

The Day I Met WIRA

I was startled.  It was the last thing I had expected, which made it even more believable.  It was one of those moments that you can point to and say, "That is when things changed.  This is when I started to see things differently."  This was a beginning, although, in that moment, all I was experiencing was astonishment.
         
It was the end of the last century, and I had been journeying for a while.  I had read the books, I had taken the classes, even lead a number of them.  I had been doing a morning meditation for years, which I called connecting.  I knew I was looking for something; I had been my whole life.  Things had just never seemed quite right.  The answers most others were satisfied with were unfulfilling to me.  I couldn't bring myself to be happy with what others desired.  I felt alone at times, I felt weird at others, and yes, periodically, I even felt better than, maybe from a place of self preservation more than anything else.  There had just always been this feeling, this knowing, that there was more here for me than what I had been introduced to, and I had started to search at a very early age with very mixed results.  So, by no means was the experience this morning out of the blue.  There had been asking for decades.  And yet still I was surprised.

To read the rest of this article click on the link to my website and scroll down to the title: "The Two Of Me"  http://www3.telus.net/public/wolfcons/articles.html

No comments:

Post a Comment