Wednesday 28 December 2011

Expectations

Posted to FaceBook Dec. 28th
Do people or things disappoint us, or is it our expectations of them that can disappoint?
If I have low or no expectations would I still end up being disappointed?
If I have high expectations, am I opening myself up to being hurt or disappointed and, therefore, is it better to protect oneself with low or no expectations?
Or, is there a way to hold a high vision of someone or something, and at the same time not dictate the specifics of how that needs to be in order for me to feel good about it?
Do I recognize the difference between habitual specifics and inspired specifics?
Am I ready to let go of the expected specifics to allow in the Perfection of the unexpected?

My ability to see someone (or a situation) as who they really are, and not get caught up in habitual expectations of how I think they should be, or how they have been before, is a never ending, always exploring, recognizing the difference between the two, part of practicing LOP.

No comments:

Post a Comment