Thursday 29 December 2011

Hooks

Posted to FaceBook Dec. 29th
I can be rolling along merrily, feeling pretty good, remembering who I really am, when what seems like out of nowhere (but it's not), someone says something, or something happens that doesn't feel good, and it drags me down/away from WIRA.  I refer to that as getting hooked.  Some story/belief/judgement I have about myself, or others, or the world, is not in alignment with WIRA, and by believing in it I have just yanked myself off my stage of LOP, like the ol' hook of vaudeville yanking the bad acts off stage.  Sometimes a hook feels subtle like, "Hmm, that feels a bit off."  And then sometimes they can feel like a dump truck has emptied its load on you.

Finding a hook may sound like a not good thing, but I don't believe that.  When I come across some story about life that I am telling myself that doesn't feel good and it is decreasing my experience of LOP, I feel it is a great opportunity to evolve/increase my experience of LOP.  The beauty of being hooked is that in the realization of what the story, belief, or judgement is, I can more easily identify its opposite, which will be what is really true for me.  When I have the opportunity to further clarify what is really true for me, I have just embraced WIRA a little bit more, which means I have evolved my experience of LOP a little bit more.  They are little gifts just waiting to be unwrapped.

Does that mean I go hunting for hooks, or that my life becomes about wading around in a sea of hooks?  No, they always appear at the Perfect time in the Perfect way.  If I have trouble understanding what the hook is, clarity will come with another example. 

With each hook I successfully unhook I get to know myself and others in a more unconditionally accepting, and joy filled light.  I relax easier, my trust in myself and where I am going increases, everything just makes a bit more sense.  And that feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment