Saturday 14 January 2012

Pulling Back

The other day in the grocery store a man, a few feet down the aisle, asked me what the difference was between two products.  I answered with a friendly, open response.  Next thing I know he is right beside me asking another question.  This one felt less genuine and more like an eager attempt to continue conversing with a possible ulterior motive.  He did not realize I respond to all people in the same manner, and that I had no ulterior motive.  As soon as I felt/believed there was an ulterior motive, that I was not interested in, I could feel myself pull back from sharing who I really am.

So why did I pull back?  It did not feel good.  I no longer felt comfortable sharing who I really am.  I believed he had got the wrong impression.  I did not want to encourage any misunderstandings.  Or, I felt the genuineness had left the interaction.  These could all be legitimate reasons to pull back from being who I really am (WIRA), but honestly, I don't ever want to, for any reason, be pulling back from WIRA.

So, what's the LOP point of this?  Well, I now know I have a belief/vibration about someone trying to pick me up that does not feel good to me; pulls me away from who I really am.  It probably consists of things like:  I should take all precautions to never lead people on; it is my responsibility that he does not get the wrong impression; I have to change who I am to control this situation for the both of us; I have to control this so it does not go down a road I do not want to go. 

How great is that.  Because of this encounter I was able to see some beliefs that I now know I want to evolve, because if I am pulling back from WIRA because of them in this situation, I am bettin' I am pulling back because of them in other situations as well. 

So from these realizations the question is, what beliefs/stories can I tell myself that are going to evolve that belief to being a closer match to WIRA?  Well, how about:  what other people perceive and believe are not my responsibility; honestly being WIRA is always the right answer; being confident and clear, instead of concerned and worried will inspire me to the best response in that, and all situations; he was just wanting to feel good; I do want all of my interactions to feel good and if I hadn't pulled back it might have opened up into an opportunity to experience an example of how great it can feel to operate from a place of genuineness; I want to be confident and clear and WIRA as best I can in every moment.

So, am I fixed?  Do I now know what I would have said or done differently?  Not yet.  But, those thoughts all feel better, and I am going to do a little practicing of them and just see what happens next time. 

The game of life -- what a hoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment