Sunday 5 February 2012

Evolving Beliefs

They say that a major part of our belief system is suppose to be formed by the very young age of five or so years.  And unless I update my beliefs about life and myself, I remain at the level I was when I was five.

I know all beliefs are originally formulated with perfect intention and are completely logical for us in that moment.  However, it is possible that by the next day/month/year/decade, that belief may no longer be serving me, and it will be time to update it so that it continues to serve me instead of holding me back and getting in my way.

Updating our beliefs can be challenging because we can become very fond of them -- that's why we sometimes call them our cherished beliefs.  We cherish them because at one point they were so right for us, they felt so good, they were so perfect for supporting us in taking that next step in becoming more of who we really are (WIRA).  As I evolve and grow and ask more questions and see things clearer and clearer, and understand WIRA more and more, those beliefs are going to need to grow and change as well.

So something like standing up for myself, creating boundaries, taking care of myself so I don't feel like a door mat, might have been absolutely perfect at one point.  But I most likely will arrive at a time when I find those once helpful boundaries, that helped me take care of myself, are now actually imprisoning me.  I may find I am ready to move forward because I am stronger and clearer and no longer require a fortress to be confident and committed to WIRA, and speak my truth.  I may come to a place where I realize that those boundaries are now keeping out the very things I am now ready to have come into my life.  And if I am really ready to move forward I will hear the call to walk out past that once desired protection.  I will have arrived at a place where I know that my power comes not from those walls I have built around me, but from the strength of me knowing WIRA.

LOP is knowing when a once helpful belief is ready to retire and make room for the evolved new one, so that I can continue my journey of expressing all of WIRA.

No comments:

Post a Comment