Monday 6 February 2012

Same Eyes

Posted to Facebook Feb 6.
The eyes through which I see others are the eyes through which I see myself.  Every perception is relative to the perceiver.  Every perception is filtered through our beliefs, our values, our habits, our degree of faith, our ability to unconditionally accept, and our experiences.  So . . .

If I condemn someone, I am looking at myself through the same condemning eyes.
If I am in resistance about another, I will resist parts of me as well.
If I feel others are not contributing enough, I will wonder if I am enough.
If I worry about another, I will worry even when things go well.
If I resent someone's wealth, I will see it as wrong for me to be wealthy.
If I feel sorry for another, I will have a story of woe too.
If I easily become frustrated with others, I will easily become frustrated with myself.
If I don't feel like I get enough attention from someone, I am running short with Me as well.

If I am able to see the value in another, I will be able to find it in myself.
If I know we are all doing the best we know how, I will be more patient with me as well
If I can see someone's abilities, I will see the talents of myself.
If I can give someone the space to be who they really are, I will discover my genius self.
If I can believe when there is no evidence, I will be the first to spot the answer when it arrives.
If I can feel at peace with other's choices, I will be able to believe in mine as well.
If I can love you (because I am a lover), I will see I am lovable too.
If I can let go of controlling the world, I will relax about both me and you.

No comments:

Post a Comment