Sunday 5 February 2012

My Truth is True

Posted to Facebook Feb. 8th.
I recently participated in an exercise that was shared with the best of intentions of creating an insightful point.  My initial experience of it fell short of the expected insight, however my learning from it did lead to immense peace.

At one point in the process of this exercise I was asked to share my opinion on something.  As I am getting better and better at listening to who I really am (WIRA), I went inside and challenged myself to answer as honestly as I could.  I wanted to not water down WIRA, to not be looking for an answer I might think they are looking for, to not try and give the best answer, to not try and justify or be worthy, but to just answer honestly.

When I gave my answer I could immediatelyy feel by the reaction it was not the answer they had wanted, not what had been expected -- it was not the 'right' answer.  As the exercise continued to unfold it was implied that the answer I had given was evidence of some not so great things about me.

I walked away with a not good feeling from the exercise.  It felt like I was being told that I could not trust myself, like I was wrong for trusting my guidance when I had felt very clear and honest about my answer.  The feeling I was left with from this exercise reminded me of another time in my life, when I was very young, and I had shared my truth with someone, and they had said that it was impossible. 

How can my truth be impossible?  How can something that I know is an honest expression of me, be wrong?  The answer is, it can't.  What was feeling terrible in both situations was I was believing the other person over me.  And, not feeling good in these situations is a good thing, I am suppose to feel yucky when I am off my path.

So, I appreciate both instances in my life, for them so kindly reminding me that my work is to trust myself.  My answers may not seem like the right answer to others, or they may think my truths are impossible, and they may choose to have opinions of me because of them.  But when I am LOP, and honoring My truth, their opinions become observations, and I sit in a place of peace of knowing Me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment