Tuesday 29 November 2011

Free to Fly

A couple of years ago I began to realize how important the essence of freedom, to allow myself to fly, is for me.  It is important because it is who I really am. 

I realized, at that time, that I had been resisting things that got in the way of my perceived freedom.  My belief was that once I got everything under 'control', taken care of, handled, then I would be able to do what I wanted to do.  Controlling things was the way, or so I thought, of creating freedom.

Well, there was a big flaw in my method, because based on the law of attraction, the vibration/intention/habit/essence of control will create more to control (that’s the last thing I wanted), not a feeling of freedom.  The essence of freedom, the acting free, the feeling free, the making the choice to be free, creates more freedom in my experiences with people, situations, and things. 

I can’t control my way to freedom any more than I can war myself to peace, scrimp my way to abundance, suffer my way to happiness, complain my way to appreciation, justify my way to worthiness, victimize my way to power, brag my way to self-confidence, struggle my way to ease, or sacrifice my way to upliftment. 

If I want to feel free I want to relax my way to freedom, laugh my way to freedom, surrender my way to freedom, forgive my way to freedom, "let go and let God" my way to freedom.  If I want to feel free I want to stop being who I am not, and be who I really am -- free to fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment