Friday 4 November 2011

Comparison is Mediocre


So, the other day I am working out and realize I am comparing myself to the person working out next to me. Who's going faster? Who's going longer? Who's at a higher intensity? That's O.K., that can be motivating. Maybe that's what they call "healthy competition," however, it does seem to be dominated by a feeling of push or effort.
 
Then I think about the times I have been, what I guess they call, "in the zone" working out. I slip into a space of effortless, I tap into a well of endless energy, I have goosebumps as I allow myself to find my rhythm, I become the beat of the music, and something is jogging through me.
That day I could really see how 'comparison' and 'competition' will only ever be mediocre, and how Living On Purpose (LOP) is the only way I will ever feel fulfilled. We may try and fill ourselves up by being better than someone else, but the best I can possibly ever be doing that is "I am that person plus a bit better." With LOP I am fulfilled because I am "filled up with Me."
 
LOP is finding MY rhythm, MY pace, MY truth and letting it have its way with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment