Friday 4 November 2011

Some Roads Don't Make Sense


I am going down a road I don't understand. Over the last few months I have watched four movies about the early English monarchs, and now last night I purchased a book on the topic. I have never really had an interest in history or monarchs.

The fourth principle in Living On Purpose (LOP) is listening. Listening, for me, is often the quieter voice, the voice that often first appears to not be logical or wise. It's the voice that has curiosity, and eagerness, and intrigue, and excitement attached to it. It's the voice that I often try and talk myself out of because I don't judge it's direction as responsible.

So, as I stood with excitement last night looking at this book I could hardly wait to dive into, and I heard Mr. Logic say, "Don't be foolish, this is not a topic you are interested in, you won't actually ever read it, and buying it will be a waste." I said back to it, "I am willing to go down this road and see where it takes me and I am O.K. with it not making sense to me right now -- I am trusting my enthusiasm."
What road are you wanting to go down for no logical reason?

No comments:

Post a Comment