Friday 4 November 2011

Lady Gaga


I heard Lady Gaga say when asked why she does what she does, "I want them (the audience) to free themselves, and I want them to be proud of who they are, and I want them to celebrate all the things that they don't like about themselves. I perform every night and I look into your beautiful eyes and I love you so much."

I feel like her 'weird', and 'wild', and 'pushing the envelope' way of being is making such a huge space for what is 'O.K.' Her creative expression seems to open the door and invite us to be our weird and wonderful selves because chances are we are probably not going to be any 'weirder' than she is, and somehow that makes it feel a little easier for us to be who we really are.
What is the weird and wonderful expression of who you really are? You are in good company.

No comments:

Post a Comment