Saturday 5 November 2011

So what the heck is "Living On Purpose" (LOP)?

LOP is a bit challenging to summarize because it is different for everyone in every moment of their life.  It is the moment by moment alignment with who I really am (WIRA), and the expression of that.  However, even though LOP in each moment for each person is different, and therefore impossible to have one "how to" LOP guide, there are some principles that help me be in alignment with WIRA and to LOP.

I would summarize LOP, and the principles that work for me, as follows:
  • I create my own reality by how I choose to perceive life in every moment.
  • The perceptions I choose are usually habitual thoughts, stories, and judgements that I repeat over and over.  However, I can choose to create new perceptions as well.
  • Life is not about the things, the forms, the physical realities.  What I am really after in life are the essences, the way I feel about things, or how I experience 'reality'.
  • I can know which thoughts, stories, and judgements represent and support WIRA, and my success, by the way they feel.  If I feel good I am expressing WIRA, and if I don't feel good I am in the midst of clarifying WIRA.
  • I allow more of WIRA by surrendering those thoughts, stories, beliefs, judgements, and actions that don't feel good and instead embody those that do.
  • As I be in alignment with WIRA, and listen, I hear/see/feel inspirations to say/do/follow up on a variety of ideas.  The better I listen, the more the inspirations.
  • The more I listen and follow those inspirations, the more complete the picture of WIRA becomes.  The expression of those inspirations are what some people call our gifts, talents, skills, calling, our life's work.  I call it being my genius self.

No comments:

Post a Comment