Friday 4 November 2011

You Just Know!


I asked my mother when I was young, "How will I know when I want to get married?" Her answer, somewhat frustrating at the time, "You'll just know."
If I were asked how one knows when one is Living On Purpose (LOP) I would answer the same, "You just know!"  All doubt disappears and is replaced with a peace no one can disturb, and not because everything is perfect, but because we are not judging things as right and wrong.  The specifics are less important and instead a general joy and appreciation fills one to the brim and squirts out the eyes.  There is a willingess to step off the edge and fly because we know all is well.
Maslow called it peak experiences, Csikszentmihalyi calls it flow, I call it LOP -- you just need to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment