Friday 11 November 2011

11/11/11

On this day, when many are remembering and honouring those who have gone before us and what they have created, I also remember and honour who we really are, and what we are creating.

In 1971, our family travelled to England to visit relatives.  My uncle, being a part of the military, took us to a Military Tattoo demonstration.  As the cannons exploded and the gunfire rang out and the men portrayed a battle scene, my young seven year old self cringed in horror and fright.  To this day, for me, I feel better holding the vision of us finding other ways to be together in the world. 

However, I know not all people feel this way about war.  Some believe war is a necessity.  Others find that it is a way to express themselves.  For some it is their source of education, a way to become more of who they really are.  And for some it even symbolizes an opportunity for adventure, to see the world, to be a part of something bigger then themselves.  All of these things are ways of LOP.

So, even though the choice of war is not for me, the choice of us being able to choose whatever we want, and not eliminating any possibilities from the smorgasbord of life, is definitely for me.  Therefore, on this day of Remembrance, I celebrate all the past choices and all the future choices, as I do my best to make my choices from a place of remembering who I really am.

No comments:

Post a Comment