Thursday 10 November 2011

Guarded Boundaries

I caught myself guarding, wanting to create boundaries, around my time this morning.  I wanted some time for me to be involved in a specific LOP activity, and I felt like in order to have that I had to guard that time.  Well, I realized in my attempt to LOP I was not LOP, because guardedness is resistance. 

I have heard people speak about how they need to create boundaries with people, and I am understanding what they are meaning by that.  In order for them to protect themselves from something unwanted they put limitations on time together, proximity, or allowable conversations.  However, that is not LOP because LOP is not about resistance.

Guardedness or creating boundaries is about limitedness, a belief in lack, 'there is only a certain amount and it is hard to obtain'.  So I may catch myself being guarded around money, or my home, or my time, or my relationships.  I may be guarded about my energy, my creativity, my love, my enthusiasm, my well being, my willingness to learn new things.  We may guard the earth, our oil, our water, trees, and fresh air becasue we have watched it decrease.  And it may be easy to defend our stories of limitedness because of the realities we experience . . . but it is still not LOP, I am not being my genius self.

So how else could I have chosen to perceive this time I wanted to guard and protect?  Well, I could have chosen to be in a place of eagerness or enthusiasm, and look forward to that LOP activity later.  I could have chosen to trust that all things have their perfect inspired time and that I need not force my schedule on any activity.  Or, I could have chosen to know that I can experience LOP in any moment, anywhere, instead of feeling like I had to create a specific moment at a specific time. 

And, if I had honestly been in alignment to be focused in that particular LOP activity in that moment, doors would have opened, things would have changed, and it would have ended up being the natural next step.

No comments:

Post a Comment