Thursday 10 November 2011

LOP Love

I would not describe love, when I am Living On Purpose (LOP), as being like what is described in many of the books we read, the songs we hear, and the movies we watch.  Those often contain the essences of yearning, jealously, fear, or frustration.

I feel I am Loving On Purpose when I am so full of love that it spills out onto another (sounds messier than it is).  I appreciate them just as they are, and believe in the light that is them.  I don't need them to be different, I just feel so fortunate to have this great excuse to love.

When I am Loving On Purpose I am excited about wherever my loved one is going.  I have unwavering faith in who they really are.  I feel no need to help them because I know they are more than able, however, I am happy to join in if they ask.  I sit back and bask in the freedom to love them, right now, just exactly the way they are.  And I appreciate to the ends of the earth that I have this fabulous, easy, excuse to love; a place to focus and allow that with which I am filled.

Of course, from that place, I am able to turn my attention to whomever or whatever is next, and use that as my excuse to love too.

Dedicated to one who taught me how to love through his example.

No comments:

Post a Comment