Tuesday 8 November 2011

Ebb and Glow

This past summer I learned so much about the ebb and flow of life -- thanks to the abundance of online Abraham-Hicks workshops.

For me the ebb and flow refers to my journey of gracefully moving back and forth between the specifics and generalities of life.  Being general is sitting joyfully in the essences I know as who I really am (WIRA).  The specifics are the inspirations that I allow, am able to recognize, due to the peace I experience while sitting so joyfully in the essence of me.  When the specifics are coming freely and rapidly I see that as a time of flow for me -- delicious.  When the specifics are quiet and the furthest I can joyfully reach are the general good feeling essences of WIRA -- that is delicious too.

In the past I have not cooperatively danced the dance of ebb and flow.  I would usually ebb until I got a nibble of a specific and then I tried to push, drag, and pull the specific in the direction I thought it should go.  I thought that once a specific was born I should not be going back to 'just' the general good feeling place of the essence of WIRA.  Instead of allowing a number of specifics to congregate together to make a whole, I would try and figure out the details logically.

I am enjoying the realization that the specifics are not my job.  I am enjoying the idea that the Universe, God, the right hemisphere of our brain, whatever you want to call it, answers our questions and solves our problems and inspires us to the specifics.  I don't have to control or force them into being.  When I listen to Tyler Perry and James Cameron talk about their creative process they seem to describe themselves as the scribes of the inspirations, and their job is just to keep up with the specifics.

In the past I resisted the ebb once I got into the flow.  The flow feels so fantastic, it is kinda like asking a drug addict to quit.  However, honestly, I don't really want to stay in the hightened specificness either.  Having ebb with the flow is a beautiful balance, and resisting the ebb when it comes is like resisting the ocean tide for ebbing.  The ebb is natural and an essential part of the dance.

So, this morning, I ebb and glow.

No comments:

Post a Comment