Wednesday 23 November 2011

The Borg Were Right

The mantra of the Borg is, (if you are curious about this species, research 'Star Trek: The Next Generation') "Resistance is Futile."  Their implication is different from mine, however, I still love the saying.

I caught myself the other day trying to be right about resistance.  Someone was sharing something with me that they were resisting, and then in my own resistance I tried to correct them about their resistance.  Of course they could feel my resistance about their resistance and they resisted that.  Well, I could keep going, but you know how it unfolds.

It reminded me of the Biblical quote (I am changing the words a bit to suit my desires), "He who is without (judgement) cast the first stone."  Of course, if I were to be without judgement, and then make the choice to cast a stone, I have just judged and I can no longer say I am without judgement and cast the stone.  However, if I am no longer in judgement then I am able to cast a stone, however, then I would be back judging again and not able to cast the stone.  There is just no possible way to point the finger and be LOP.  If I really want to be LOP, resistance is futile.

It might be exactly what is happening with the Occupy parks -- but oh, there I have done it again.   : )

No comments:

Post a Comment