Monday 21 November 2011

The Mediocrity of Physical Reality

Posted to Facebook Nov. 21st.
A couple of years ago, while on my first cruise, I experienced the poignant, and in some ways disappointing concept that, by itself, physical 'reality' would never be enough.  I was spending my days in the best activities of workshops, whale watching, sun basking, exploring, being with like minded people, enjoying the decadence of beautiful four course meals -- every whim being attended to.  It was all great, and yet I was not feeling as fulfilled as some of my moments at home.  How could that be?

Well, I had been sloppy about my connection with who I really am.  I had unconsciously presumed that since I had paid for this environment that boasts taking care of everything for you, that I would automatically feel the joy and connection of LOP.  I was experiencing, in a vivid way, how living life from the outside in (wanting my outsides to make me happy) would never be enough.  


Without remembering who I really am, before I do anything, I will not enjoy it fully.  Without seeing through my eyes of appreciation, listening to who someone really is, speaking the words of who I really am I, and being fully present in each moment, I will continously feel like something is missing. 

There are so many fabulous things to enjoy in our physical reality world, whether I am cruising or in my daily routine, and I want to enjoy it all by bringing all of me to each and every 'party'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment